How to Make Homemade Tea Bags
Brewing your own tea at home is a great way to enjoy the perfect cup of tea. Making your own tea bags can seem intimidating, but it’s surprisingly simple! Here are some easy steps to help you get started:
Gather Your Materials
You will need:
- Loose leaf tea
- Tea filter bags or empty muslin tea bags
Prepare the Tea Bags
- Fill the tea filter bags or muslin tea bags with 1-2 tablespoons of loose leaf tea, depending on your desired strength. Make sure not to overfill the bags.
- Cut enough thread to securely tie off the tea bag, leaving a few inches on either side of the bag.
- Tie off the bag securely with the thread.
Brew the Tea
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Place the tea bag in a cup or mug.
- Pour the hot water over the tea bag and steep for 5-10 minutes, depending on the desired strength.
- Remove the tea bag and Enjoy!
- Reuse tea bags up to 3 times.
- Choose organic, pesticide-free tea for an even healthier cup of tea.
Making your own tea bags is a great way to save time and money, while enjoying a perfectly brewed cup of tea! Enjoy!