Homemade Tea Cakes
Tea cakes are a traditional, delicious treat that can be enjoyed any time of year. You can easily make them at home with a few simple ingredients. Follow these steps and you’ll be snacking on fresh tea cakes in no time.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Make batter: Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg. Then mix in the flour and baking powder. Continue to mix until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Form: Roll the dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake for 8–10 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool completely before adding icing.
- Enjoy: Once the icing is added, your tea cakes are ready to be enjoyed!
Now that you know how to make homemade tea cakes, you can indulge in these sweet treats any time you want. Serve them with a hot cup of tea and enjoy!