How to Make Horsetail Tea
Horsetail tea is an herbal tea that is made from the stems and shoots of the common horsetail plant. This tea has a nice mild flavor, and is said to have a range of medicinal and health benefits. Drinking this tea can help to cleans the kidneys and bladder, increase your intake of vitamins and minerals, and even reduce joint pain. If you’re looking to try this herbal tea, here is how to make it:
- 2 teaspoons of dried horsetail stems or shoots
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Boil your cup of water in a saucepan or kettle, and then let cool for a few minutes.
- Measure out two teaspoons of dried horsetail stems or shoots and place them in a cup.
- Pour the hot (not boiling) water over the horsetail and let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the tea is finished steeping, strain it into a new cup using a fine mesh sieve.
- Enjoy your hot or iced horsetail tea!
Horsetail tea is a great way to get the potential benefits of this herbal plant without having to deal with the bitter taste of the fresh stems and shoots. Give it a try and see how it can help you!