How to make Iced Matcha Tea
Matcha tea is a popular and delicious way to get your caffeine kick. This green powdered tea has a vibrant flavor that pairs deliciously with ice. Follow these steps to make your own iced matcha tea!
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1 cup of hot water (170-180 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1/2 cup of ice or more, to taste
- Agave or honey (optional)
- Add the matcha powder to one cup of hot water and whisk until it’s a smooth paste.
- Fill a cup halfway with ice and pour the matcha paste over the ice.
- Add more ice to fill the cup and stir to mix.
- Add a sweetener, like agave or honey, if desired.
- For a creamy version, use cold water and 1/2 cup of ice.
- If you prefer a stronger brew, use less ice.
- Don’t forget to sift the matcha powder to remove any lumps.
Iced matcha tea is a refreshing treat that is perfect for hot summer days. With just a few ingredients you can make a delicious and energizing beverage. Enjoy your homemade iced matcha tea!