How to Make Iced Tea
Iced tea is a refreshing and tasty way to enjoy tea. Making iced tea is similar to making regular hot tea but with the added step of cooling the tea. Follow the steps below to make a perfect batch of iced tea.
- Choose your tea: Choose your favorite tea. Brew the tea just a little bit stronger than you usually would as the ice will dilute the tea. You can use either loose leaf tea or tea bags.
- Add boiling water: Add boiling water to your tea infuser or a teapot. Let the tea steep for 3 to 5 minutes for most teas. Stronger teas like black tea should steep for 7-10 minutes.
- Add flavorings: Add flavorings if desired. You can use things like lemon juice, honey, mint leaves, ginger, fresh herbs, and/or spices.
- Add ice: Add ice to your cup or pitcher. Most recipes recommend about two-thirds of the container should be filled with ice.
- Strain the tea: Strain the tea over the ice and fill the rest of the container.
- Enjoy: Enjoy your perfect glass of iced tea. For a sweeter tea, you can add sugar or a sugar substitute like honey or agave syrup.
Pro tip: To make a large batch of iced tea, simply double the amount of tea used and steep twice as long as recommended.