How to Make Jamaica Tea
Jamaica tea is a refreshing and fragrant herbal tea that is brewed with the dried flowers of the Jamaica hibiscus plant. This tea, sometime referred to as agua de jamaica or flor de Jamaica, can be enjoyed both hot or iced. Traditionally it is served in Latin American countries and is a favorite beverage throughout Mexico and Jamaica. Follow this guide to make your own delicious jamaica tea.
- 2 tablespoons of dried Jamaica hibiscus flowers
- 2 cups of water
- Sugar or simple syrup to sweeten
- Lime wedge (optional)
- Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of dried Jamaica hibiscus flowers and stir in the boiling water.
- Reduce heat to low and let the mixture simmer for five minutes.
- Strain the tea into your favorite cup or mug and discard the spent flowers.
- Add sweetener (sugar or simple syrup) to taste. A lime wedge may also be used to add a hint of tartness to your tea.
- Enjoy your Jamaica tea hot or iced!