How to Make Lemon Balm Tea
Lemon balm is a fragrant herb that is often used in teas and medicinal remedies. Making your own lemon balm tea is a straightforward process. Here’s a simple guide to brewing a tasty cup of lemon balm tea.
- Dry lemon balm leaves – 1-2 teaspoons (or more to taste)
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of dry lemon balm leaves to the water.
- Lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and strain the tea using a fine-mesh sieve.
- Add honey, sweetener, or other flavorings of your choice.
- You can also use fresh lemon balm leaves. Simply add 3-4 fresh leaves instead of 1-2 teaspoons of dry leaves.
- You can also use dried lemon balm to make a herbal tincture or extract.
- Lemon balm tea can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Lemon balm tea can be enjoyed hot or iced.
Lemon balm tea is a delicious and refreshing beverage. The pleasant aroma and flavor of the lemon balm makes it a perfect choice for a relaxing cup of tea.