How to Make Lemon Balm Tea with Fresh Leaves
Lemon balm is a fragrant herb in the mint family with a noticeably lemony scent and flavor. It can be used to make a deliciously fragrant and flavorful lemon balm tea. Here’s how you can make it with fresh leaves.
- Fresh Lemon Balm Leaves
- Optional: Sugar and/or Honey, Milk or Cream, Lemon Slices
- Select the freshest lemon balm leaves. You can use both the leaves and the stems.
- Clean the lemon balm with a damp cloth, then chop it into small pieces.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the chopped lemon balm into the boiling water.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Allow the tea to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a fine mesh sieve into a cup.
- Add the optional ingredients (sugar, honey, milk, lemon).
- Enjoy your lemon balm tea!
Making lemon balm tea with fresh leaves is easy and will give you a fragrant and flavorful drink. Try it out and enjoy this wonderful and refreshing tea.