How to Make Lemon Tea
While tea is a popular beverage, adding lemon juice to it can lead to an even more delicious cup. Learning how to make lemon tea can be a quick and easy process that offers many delicious possibilities.
What You’ll Need
- Tea: any kind of tea can work well. Many tea drinkers prefer black, green, or oolong teas, but herbal teas also work nicely.
- Lemon juice: freshly-squeezed lemon juice is ideal but bottled lemon juice can also work well.
- Sugar: If desired, adding sugar can sweeten the tea.
- Water: Use filtered or distilled water for best results.
- Tea pot or strainer: A pot or a strainer is needed in order to steep the tea.
- Boil the water:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tea and steep:
- Use 2-3 teaspoons of tea leaves and place them in a tea strainer. Place the tea strainer in the boiling water and let it steep for 5-10 minutes depending on preferred strength.
- Add lemon juice and sugar:
- Once the tea has steeped, remove the tea strainer and add 1-2 teaspoons of freshly-squeezed lemon juice and 1-2 teaspoons of sugar into the tea. Stir the tea pot until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve and enjoy:
- Once the tea is finished brewing and the lemon juice and sugar have been added, then it is ready to serve. Pour the tea into a cup and enjoy!
Making lemon tea can be a fun and rewarding experience. This simple process is ideal for those looking for a delicious beverage for any time of day. Enjoy!