How to Make Lemon Verbena Tea
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of dried lemon verbena
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Optional: Sugar or honey for sweetening
- Optional: Lemon for a more tart flavor
- Pour boiling water into a teacup. Make sure the cup is heat-proof. Use the full cup of water for a stronger tea or slightly less to make a milder drink.
- Add dried lemon verbena leaves. Standard measurements suggest 1-2 teaspoons of the dried herb. Start with just one to ensure that the tea is not too strong for your preference.
- Let the tea steep for 10-15 minutes. This will develop its flavor and the beneficial properties of the lemon verbena.
- Strain the tea into a cup and remove the herb. Test the tea and add sweeteners such as sugar or honey, or lemon juice if desired.
- Enjoy! Enjoy the wonderful, lemony scent and taste of the aromatic lemon verbena.