How to Make Luzianne Sweet Tea
Luzianne sweet tea is a classic southern beverage that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. This traditional recipe calls for sweet tea mix, sugar and boiling water—no labor intensive tea-steeping needed! Here’s how to make a delicious batch of Luzianne Sweet Tea.
- 4 quarts cold water
- 2 Luzianne sweet tea mix packages
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring 4 quarts of cold water to a rolling boil in a large pot on the stove.
- Add 2 packages of Luzianne sweet tea mix and stir together with a wooden spoon until dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of white sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Remove pot from heat and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Pour Luzianne sweet tea into a pitcher or storage container. Your sweet tea is now ready to drink!
- For a sweeter tea, add more sugar to the recipe.
- If you’d like to experiment, try substituting honey for the sugar.
- You can also try adding a few orange slices, lemon slices or mint leaves to the tea for a refreshing flavor twist.
Making traditional Luzianne sweet tea is an easy and simple process. You don’t need fancy utensils or expensive ingredients—just the basics, such as sugar, boiling water, and sweet tea mix. Follow the instructions above and within minutes you’ll have a delicious batch of homemade sweet tea. Enjoy!