What is Matcha Tea?
Matcha tea is a type of powdered green tea made from the young leaves of the camellia sinensis plant. It is a popular tea in Japan and is used both for drinking and in traditional tea ceremonies. It is known for its unique sweet taste and vibrant green color.
How to Make Matcha Tea
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup hot (not boiling) water
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Measure the tea: Place the teaspoon of matcha powder into a bowl.
- Prepare the Water: Heat the water until it’s hot but not boiling, approximately 150-170°F.
- Pour the water: Pour the water into the bowl with the matcha powder and slowly whisk in a “W” or “M” shape for about 20-30 seconds until it’s dissolved.
- Serve: Pour the hot matcha tea into the serving cup. If desired, you can add sugar to the mixture to sweeten the taste.
Matcha tea is a delicious and unique tea with a variety of health benefits. Enjoy it hot or iced for a refreshing drink that you can make on your own.