How to Make Matcha Tea
Matcha tea has countless health benefits, making it one of the most popular types of tea. Here’s a simple and easy approach to preparing this delicious beverage!
- 3-4 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1.5 cups of hot water (not boiling)
- Optional: Sweetener of choice (honey, agave, etc)
- Heat 1.5 cups of water to just before boiling. Let the water cool for a few minutes so it’s not too hot.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of matcha powder to the warm water. Use a bamboo whisk or electric whisk to mix the powder with the water until completely dissolved.
- If desired, add a sweetener of your choice.
- Enjoy your delicious matcha tea!
Benefits of Matcha Tea
Matcha tea is a great way to get your daily dose of antioxidants, and can have a calming, focusing effect on the mind. Matcha tea is packed with vitamins and minerals, including potassium, calcium, and zinc. Studies have also shown that matcha tea can improve heart health, reduce inflammation, and help to lower bad cholesterol.
So if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy beverage, try your hand at making matcha tea!