How to make Matcha Tea with Powder
Matcha powder is a type of green tea powder created from finely-ground whole tea leaves and it has multiple health benefits. Matcha powder has a strong and intense flavor, making it a favorite among tea connoisseurs. Ready-made matcha tea is delicious, but making the tea with powder takes the flavor to a whole new level.
What You’ll Need
- 4 ounces of water just below boiling (about 160-170° F)
- 2-3 teaspoons of matcha powder
- A bamboo whisk (more on this later)
- A matcha bowl (or a deep mug)
How to Prepare Matcha Tea
- Heat the water until it’s just below boiling. Pour the heated water into the bowl (or mug).
- Take the bamboo whisk and scoop 2-3 teaspoons of matcha powder into the bowl (or mug).
- Whisk the matcha powder until it’s dissolved and a foam starts forming on the surface.
- Enjoy your delicious matcha tea!
Tips and Tricks
- Use a bamboo whisk to avoid clumps of powder. You can use an electric whisk, however, the stirring motion should be gentle and steady to create the perfect texture for the tea.
- If you prefer sweeter drinks, you can add a bit of honey or sugar.
- Adding a few drops of milk or cream to your matcha tea can create an even creamier, smoother taste.
Making your own matcha tea with powder requires patience and practice, but if you follow the steps carefully, you can make a cup of tea that’s just as good as ready-made matcha tea! Enjoy your delicious cup of matcha tea!