How to Make Matcha Tea
Matcha tea is far different from traditional green teas, offering a greater level of concentration from the antioxidants, polyphenols, and vitamins found within. This tea is growing in popularity in western countries, and the process of making it is quite simple. Follow these steps to make a delicious cup of matcha tea!
Gathering the Supplies
- Matcha Powder – look for a quality, organic brand for the best flavor.
- Sifter – This will help break up any clumps in the matcha and make it easier to prepare.
- Bamboo Spoon – The traditional spoon used to scoop and measure matcha powder.
- Chasen (Bamboo Whisk) – This is mandatory for getting a rich, creamy froth in your tea.
- Water – You can use either hot or cold water for this tea.
- Mug or Tea Bowl – For best results, use a traditional Japanese tea bowl.
Making the Tea
- Measure the matcha powder. Depending on the strength of the tea, use between 1/2 teaspoon and 1 teaspoon of matcha powder.
- Sift the powder using the sifter. This prevents any lumps and makes the matcha smoother.
- Add the powder to your mug or tea bowl.
- Pour hot or cold water over the powder.
- Whisk the powder and water together with the chasen until a frothy mixture is created.
- Enjoy your cup of matcha tea!
Matcha tea has become a popular way to experience in Japan and elsewhere. Now that you know how to make it, you can enjoy it any time. Matcha Green Tea is a great source of antioxidants and nutrients, as well as an enjoyable and energizing cup of tea. Enjoy your Matcha Tea!