How To Make Mil Tea
Mil Tea is a popular Indian beverage with sweet flavor. It is made from a mixture of vegetables, spices and herbs. In India, it is known as mil-ka-ti. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make mil tea:
- 3 tablespoons of jaggery
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 3 pieces of dry ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 2 tablespoons of fresh grated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of tea leaves
- 2 cups of water
- In a pan, dry roast the jaggery, cumin, fennel seeds, ginger, cardamom and black pepper for about 5 minutes or until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the coconut, tea leaves and 2 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes until the tea is reduced to half.
- Strain the tea and serve hot.
That’s it! Enjoy your freshly brewed mil tea!