How to Make Milk Tea as Good as Boba Shops
Making an excellent cup of boba tea like the boba shops is a snap with the right tools and ingredients. Follow these steps and you will be enjoying delicious boba at home in no time.
What You’ll Need
- Tea leaves: Choose your favorite Black, Oolong, or Green tea leaves.
- Milk: Any type of dairy or non-dairy milk can be used.
- Syrup: Your favorite syrup – honey, lychee, or sago – will add sweetness.
- Boba: Cooked, chewy tapioca pearls will give the tea the signature boba texture.
- Ice: To chill the tea to the perfect serving temperature.
- Equipment: Teapot, strainer, and other optional equipment.
Steps for Making Milk Tea
- Boil water in a teapot.
- Place tea leaves in a strainer and steep in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk on the stove or microwave until it’s just warm.
- Add syrup to the steeped tea and stir.
- Let the tea cool to room temperature or chill in the fridge.
- Add boba to a separate cup and sweeten it with syrup.
- Pour the tea over the boba and stir.
- Add ice and milk to the tea and boba and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
Making the perfect cup of boba is a balance of art and science, and with a few tips and tricks, you can make it just like in the boba shops. With the right ingredients, equipment, and techniques, you will be sure to create delicious boba tea for friends and family.