How to Make Moon Water Tea
Moon water tea has a long and well-known history. Also referred to as Berry Tea, this herbal tea has many health benefits and can be brewed easily following a few steps. Making moon water tea is a great way to relax and enjoy a cup of something special.
- 1 teaspoon of honeybush or rooibos tea (or 3-4 tablespoons of loose leaf tea)
- 2 teaspoons of elderberries
- 1 tablespoon of dried cassia
- 1 teaspoon of chamomile
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of rose petals, lavender buds, mint leaves, or orange peel for additional flavor
- Add the honeybush or rooibos tea, elderberries, cassia, and chamomile to a tea strainer.
- Fill a teapot with 4 cups of boiling water.
- Place the tea strainer in the teapot, and allow the ingredients to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the tea strainer when finished, and add optional ingredients to the tea, if desired.
- Allow the tea to cool and enjoy.
Making moon water tea is an easy way to get all the health benefits of an herbal tea without having to buy packaged tea bags or tea blends. The best part is that it will be unique to you every time depending on what ingredients and flavors you choose to add. Give it a try for a tasty cup of herbal tea!