How To Make Opium Tea
Opium tea is a popular beverage from the Middle East, India, and Eastern Asia. It’s made from dried poppy pods and brewed using a combination of hot water and sugar. It has a unique flavor and is said to offer both calming and euphoric effects. Most opium tea recipes require some sort of preparation before you can enjoy it. Here’s how to make your own:
- Dried poppy pods: You can purchase these at any good health food or Middle Eastern grocery store.
- Hot water: Enough to fill a large mug or teacup.
- Sugar: White, brown, or raw sugar can all be used for this recipe.
- Gently grind the dried poppy pods using a mortar and pestle.
- Add the ground poppy pods to a large mug or teacup.
- Pour in hot water and stir until the mixture has a uniform brown color. Add up to one teaspoon of sugar for every cup of liquid.
- Let the mixture steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain out the poppy pods and enjoy your opium tea.
And there you have it – your own homemade opium tea. Enjoy it responsibly and in moderation. If you’re looking to get an extra kick out of your opium tea, try adding some spices such as cardamom, pepper, or cinnamon.