Orange Peel Tea-A Delicious Way To Use Citrus Peels
Orange peel tea, also known as “citrus tea”, is a simple and delicious way to use citrus peels in a tea blend. It’s a great way to switch up your daily cup of tea and add a vibrant, sweet and refreshing flavour to your day. Here’s a simple guide on how to make it:
What You’ll Need
- Orange peel
- Dried tea leaves of your choice (such as black, green or oolong, etc)
- Honey or other sweetener (optional)
How To Make The Tea:
- Start by pre-soaking your orange peel for about 5-10 minutes, this will help to soften the peel for a smoother cup of tea.
- Once your orange peel has been softened, add it to a pot with your tea leaves and about 1 cup of water for every 2 teaspoons of tea leaves.
- Bring your pot to a boil and then reduce the heat, allowing the tea to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add your honey and other sweeteners, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious cup of orange peel tea!
Health Benefits of Orange Peel Tea
Orange peel tea offers a variety of health benefits too. It’s rich in antioxidants, which help to boost immunity and fight off infections. It can also aid in digestion, as the peels contain enzymes that help to break down food. Additionally, it’s been known to help reduce inflammation and help fight off colds and the flu.
So next time you’re making a cup of tea, don’t forget to add the peel for the yummy flavour and the added health benefits!