How to Make Perfect Sweet Tea
Sweet tea is the perfect refreshment on hot summer days, and it’s easy to make. Follow these simple steps to get a delicious and refreshing beverage that the whole family will love.
- 6 tea bags (black tea like Lipton, Tetley or your favorite brand)
- 4 cups of water
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Ice Cubes
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium-sized pot and then turn off the heat.
- Add the tea bags to the hot water, stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the sugar, until it is dissolved.
- Pour the hot tea into a pitcher/jug and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, place the pitcher in the fridge and leave to chill for at least an hour.
- Add ice to glasses. And pour the sweet tea into each glass.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge if desired. Enjoy!
Now that you know how to make the perfect sweet tea, it’s time to get creative with your recipes. Mix and match different teas or try adding ingredients like fruits and spices for a unique twist on this classic favorite.