How to Make Pine Needle Tea
Pine needle tea is a delicious and nutritious beverage that is simple to make. The needles of certain pine species have many beneficial properties, such as being a rich source of Vitamin C, and it is a great alternative to sugary drinks. Here’s how to make it:
- 2-3 tablespoons of dried or fresh pine needles
- 1.5 cups of water
- Bring the water to a boil. Before starting your tea, it is important to make sure the water is always boiling, as this will cause the needles to release their nutrients and flavor.
- Add the pine needles. Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the pine needles and reduce the heat. A ratio of 1-2 tablespoons for every 1.5 cups of water is a good starting point.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let the needles steep in the hot water for 10-15 minutes. This will ensure that their beneficial compounds are fully released.
- Strain and enjoy. After the needles have had time to steep, pour the tea into a cup, making sure to remove the needles from the liquid. It is now ready to enjoy!
Pine needle tea is a wonderful way to enjoy the benefits of pine needles without the hassle of foraging. This simple recipe is easy to make and has a delightful flavor to it. Enjoy!