How to make Proper English Tea
- Tea bags
- Boiled water
- Sugar (optional)
- Boil the water in a kettle before placing it in the teapot.
- Add one tea bag for each person plus one extra.
- Pour the boiled water into the teapot and let the tea steep for roughly four minutes.
- If desired, add sugar while the tea is steeping.
- Add a splash of milk to the each teacup.
- Pour the tea through a strainer or sieve into each cup.
- Stir, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- Always opt for loose-leaf tea, as it will give you the best flavor.
- For a stronger tea, use more tea bags or steep for longer.
- If you prefer a creamier tea, use full-fat milk.
Making proper English tea takes only a few steps and with the right ingredients, you can enjoy a delicious, comforting cup!