How to Make Pu Erh Tea
Pu Erh tea is a unique Chinese tea with a robust and earthy flavor. It has grown in popularity over the years because of its health benefits and its smooth, full-bodied texture. Whether you enjoy drinking your Pu Erh tea plain or mixed with other ingredients, here is a guide to help you make the perfect cup of Pu Erh tea every time.
Things You’ll Need:
- High-quality Pu Erh tea leaves
- Tea Kettle
- Tea Cup
- Measure: Begin by measuring out between 1 and 2 teaspoons of Pu Erh tea leaves. This amount will depend on your preference, so feel free to adjust the quantity to your taste.
- Steep: Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Once the water is boiling, pour it over the tea leaves and allow them to steep for about 3-4 minutes. Steep the tea for a shorter period of time if you prefer a lighter flavor. Steep the tea for a longer period of time if you prefer a bolder flavor.
- Strain: Once the tea has been steeped, strain the tea leaves and discard them. You can also use a tea strainer to avoid straining the leaves.
- Enjoy: Pour the tea into a cup and enjoy! You can also add some honey or lemon to enhance the flavor, if desired.
- Make sure to store your Pu Erh tea leaves in an air-tight container, away from sunlight and moisture.
- The tea can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
- Pu Erh tea can be re-steeped multiple times for a more intense flavor.