How to Make Russian Tea Cakes
Russian Tea Cakes are the perfect melt-in-your-mouth holiday treat! Here’s how to make them:
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar, plus more for coating
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. Stir in the walnuts.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the dough and roll into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown on the edges.
- Once the cookies are done baking, transfer them to a plate covered with powdered sugar. Gently roll them around until they are completely coated in sugar, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy the delicious cookies with a cup of tea!