How to Make Russian Tea Cakes
Russian tea cakes, otherwise known as snowball cookies, are a delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re having guests over for dinner or need a sweet snack for yourself, Russian tea cakes are a simple and quick recipe. Here’s a step by step guide on how to make delicious Russian tea cakes:
- 1 cup of butter
- ¼ cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of finely chopped walnuts
- Additional confectioners’ sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually mix in all-purpose flour. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- When done, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Roll each cookie in reserved confectioners’ sugar while still warm.
- Store in an airtight container.
And there you have it! Delicious Russian tea cakes that are sure to please! No matter your baking skill level, this recipe is simple and easy to follow.