How to make Russian Tea Cakes
Russian tea cakes, also known as Mexican wedding cakes or Italian butter nut, are a type of delicate, buttery, nut-filled cookie. Delicious and easy to make, these tiny treats are ideal for holiday baking.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup finely chopped nutsё
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined, then stir in the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and nuts until just combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop one teaspoon of dough into your hands, then roll into a ball.
- Place the cookie dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before rolling in additional powdered sugar.
And you’re done! Enjoy your delicious Russian tea cakes while they’re still warm, or store them in an airtight container for up to two weeks.