How to Make Southern Sweet Tea
- 2 quarts cold water
- 2 family-size tea bags (or 6 regular-size bags)
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of cold water to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat and add 2 family-size tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove tea bags and add granulated sugar. Stir until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer tea to a large pitcher and add 2 quarts of cold water. Stir to combine.
- Serve sweet tea chilled over ice or room temperature.