How to Make Thai Iced Tea
Thai Iced Tea is a popular drink that’s creamy and sweet, perfect for hot days. It’s made with oils extracted from the flowers of the Thai tea plant, along with full-fat evaporated milk. Here’s how you can make your own tasty Thai Iced Tea:
- 2 tablespoons Thai tea leaves
- 2 and a half cups of water
- Half a cup of evaporated milk (full-fat)
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- Steep the tea: Put the water and tea leaves in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea: Strain the tea leaves out of the tea. Pour the tea into a pitcher. You should have around 2 cups of tea.
- Add the evaporated milk: Add the evaporated milk to the tea and stir.
- Sweeten the tea: Add the sugar to the tea. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Serve the tea: Pour the tea into glasses filled with ice. Serve and enjoy!
- If you can’t find Thai tea leaves, you can use regular black tea leaves or Indian masala chai.
- You can also use condensed milk instead of evaporated milk.
- You can adjust the sweetness to your preference. Add more or less sugar according to your taste.
And there you have it! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your own Thai Iced Tea. Enjoy!