How to make Tea Bags
Tea bags are an essential staple in any tea lover’s home. But why buy them when you can make your own at home? Here’s how:
What You’ll Need
- Dried tea leaves
- Tea bag filter paper
- Cotton thread
- Cut your filter paper into squares, about two inches by two inches.
- Put one teaspoon of your desired tea leaves into the middle of the paper.
- Fold the square of filter paper in half, so the edges are touching, and press lightly to flatten.
- Fold the edges inward, like you would if you were wrapping a present, and pin them together.
- Cut a piece of cotton thread, about eight inches long.
- Tie the thread around your tea bag, looping it through the middle of the square and pulling it tight.
- Staple the tea bag shut.
- Repeat these steps for as many tea bags as you’d like to make.
Now you have your own homemade tea bags! Simply add one to hot, freshly boiled water, leave to steep for two-five minutes, and then enjoy!