How To Make Tea Cookies
Making tea cookies is a great way to enjoy a delicious homemade treat. Here is a brief outline of how to make them:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of tea
- Preheat the oven to 375º Fahrenheit (190º Celsius).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until a light, creamy texture is reached.
- Add the egg and mix until smooth.
- Add the tea and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Form the dough into one-inch (2.5-centimeter) balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
- If desired, you can add a glaze to the tea cookies by combining 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Mix until smooth and brush the tops of the tea cookies with the glaze.
- You can bake the tea cookies in any size you like. For example, you can make them smaller by making the dough into 1/2-inch (1.25-centimeter) balls or larger by making the dough into two-inch (5-centimeter) balls.
- You can add different spices and flavors to the tea cookies to make them unique. Try adding ground cloves, cardamom, allspice, orange zest, maple syrup or even a dash of espresso powder.
Now you know how to make delicious tea cookies for your next tea party. Enjoy!