How to Make a Tea Cozy
A tea cozy is a great way to keep tea hot for long periods of time. Whether you are hosting a tea party or simply want to keep your afternoon brew hot, a tea cozy is an essential home accessory. This guide will show you how to make your own, stylish tea cozy in no time.
Things You’ll Need
- Fabric of your choice
- Button (optional)
How To Make A Tea Cozy
- Measure and cut two pieces of fabric into rectangles, 9in by 12in. Leave extra fabric around the edges.
- Pin the two pieces of fabric together, right sides facing. Sew three sides, leaving opening to turn the cozy inside out.
- Turn the tea cozy inside out and slip stitch open seam.
- Fold the top of the cozy down about 3/4 in and sew a seam.
- Sew the cuff of the cozy together. Use thread of same or coordinating color.
- If desired, sew button or other closure to the side of cozy.
Your tea cozy is now complete. To use, simply place the teapot inside and cinch the top shut. This cozy will keep your tea hot and ready to serve. Enjoy!