How to Make Tea from Ginger Root
Making tea from fresh ginger root is easy and adds an element of pungency and warmth to your favorite morning beverage.
- Ginger root
- Boiling water
- Honey or sugar(optional)
- Cube the ginger root: Peel a two inch piece of ginger root and cut it into thin slices. This helps to release the flavor and oils of the ginger root into the water.
- Brew the ginger root in boiling water: Bring a liter of water to the boiling point, and once boiling add the thinly slice ginger pieces.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes: Let the ginger steep for five minutes, this time can be extended for a more pungent flavor.
- Filter and add sweetener/lemon: When time is up, strain the tea into a cup, if desired add honey or sugar for sweetness, and a slice of fresh lemon.
- Enjoy your tea: You just made tea from fresh ginger root, enjoy!