How To Make Tea from Lemon Balm
Lemon Balm is a fragrant herb in the mint family that is typically used to make tea. This herb is known for its calming effects and can easily be made into a hot or cold beverage. Here is how to make tea from Lemon Balm in five simple steps.
Things You Will Need
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon balm leaves (chopped)
- boiling water
- Honey or sugar (optional)
- Rinse and Chop the Leaves: Begin by rinsing off the lemon balm leaves with cold water. Then, chop them into small pieces using a sharp knife. Make sure to remove any stems from the leaves.
- Add Them To Boiling Water: Put the chopped lemon balm leaves in a mug or teapot and pour in the boiling water. Let it steep for 5-10 minutes, depending on how strong of a flavor you prefer.
- Strain the Tea: Strain the lemon balm tea into a cup and discard the leaves.
- Add Sweeteners: You can add honey or sugar to the lemon balm tea if desired.
- Enjoy: Last but not least, enjoy your freshly brewed lemon balm tea!
- Use 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon balm leaves for every 8 ounces of water.
- Drink lemon balm tea to reduce anxiety and help with sleep.
- You can also make iced lemon balm tea by refrigerating the brewed tea for at least 4 hours.