How to Make Tea-Infused Ice Cream
Are you looking for a delicious treat to make for a special occasion? Do you want something different than the ordinary store-bought ice cream? Try making tea-infused ice cream! This fun and creative recipe is perfect for those who love the flavor of tea.
- 1/2 cup of your favorite tea
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- Brew the tea with two cups of boiling water for three minutes.
- Strain the tea into a bowl and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cream, vanilla, sugar, and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Add the cooled tea to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a container.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill for several hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, pour the ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve and enjoy!
You now have a delicious, homemade tea-infused ice cream. Serve it on its own or with toppings of you choice. You can also use it to make homemade ice cream sandwiches or top your favorite sundaes. Enjoy your tea-infused ice cream!