Tea Infused Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf tea (flavors of your choice)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Brew the tea: Bring 3/4 cup of water to a rapid boil in a small pot. Add 2 tablespoons of loose leaf tea of your choosing to the boiling water. Remove the pot from the heat and let the tea steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Infuse the cream: While the tea is steeping, add the heavy cream, egg yolks, and sugar in a medium bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients until they are well combined. Strain the brewed tea to remove the leaves and pour it into the cream mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Freeze the mixture: Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and follow instructions for your particular machine. Freeze for 4-6 hours until desired consistency is achieved. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Tea Infused Ice Cream
- Use a quality loose leaf tea for the best flavor. Darker teas like black tea and oolong work best.
- For added depth of flavor, add a few teaspoons of honey or your favorite sweetener to the brewed tea before adding it to the cream mixture.
- Experiment with your favorite herbs and spices. A pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, or nutmeg can take your ice cream to the next level.