How to Make a Traditional British Tea
Having a ‘proper’ cup of tea like the British can transform enjoying tea from an ordinary experience to a special one. Here is a quick guide to making a cup of tea just like the British do:
- Tea bag
- Tea pot
- Cup and saucer
- Use the cup and saucer; they are an essential part of a proper British cup of tea.
- Begin by bringing fresh bolling water to the pot and add the teabag (or in the case of Earl Grey, add a few extra drops of bergamot oil)
- Allow tea to steep for four to five minutes.
- If desired, add one teaspoon of sugar and a splash of milk alternatively add the milk first.
- Pour the tea into the cup
- Enjoy your tea sip by sip
Making a detailed cup of tea will heighten your tea experience. With the right ingredients and preparation you can make the perfect cup of English tea and enjoy the traditional English way.