How to Make Tea with Cardamom
Cardamom is a fragrant spice often used in Indian tea and masala chai. Its flavor is complex and has notes of citrus, mint, and a slight peppery bite. To make the perfect cup of tea with cardamom, follow these simple steps:
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1 teaspoon of loose leaf black tea
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground cardamom pods
- 2 cups of water
- Tea infuser (optional)
- Boil the water in a pot or electric kettle.
- Grind the cardamom pods with a mortar and pestle, or using a blender or food processor. You can buy ground cardamom if you don’t have a way to grind it yourself.
- Place the tea and cardamom in the infuser, then place the infuser in the pot or teapot. If you don’t have an infuser, you can just place the tea and cardamom directly into the pot.
- Pour the hot water into the pot, and steep the tea and cardamom for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea into cups, and enjoy!
- For a richer flavor, you can add a teaspoon of coconut sugar or honey.
- If you like, you can also add a few strands of saffron or a cinnamon stick for additional flavor and sweetness.
- If you don’t want the tea to be too strong, use a teaspoon of white tea instead of black tea.