How to Make Tea with Loose Leaves
- Loose-Leaf Tea: Choose the type of tea you want to make.
- Infuser: This can be a tea ball, an infuser insert, a teapot with an infuser, or an individual tea infuser.
- Teakettle: Bring the water to a boil.
- Tea Cup: Pick an appropriate tea cup.
- Prepare the infuser. Measure the desired amount of loose-leaf tea into the infuser. Most types of tea require about 1 teaspoon per cup.
- Bring the water to a boil. Depending on the type and quality of tea, water temperature may vary.
- Pour the boiling water over the loose-leaf tea in the infuser.
- Allow the tea to steep for 3-5 minutes. Depending on the type of tea, steeping time may vary.
- Remove the infuser and discard the tea leaves.
- Pour the steeped tea into a tea cup and enjoy!
- When using loose-leaf tea, use freshly filtered water for the best flavor.
- Always use fresh tea leaves. Stale leaves can make tea taste bitter.
- If you want to store the loose-leaf tea, put it in an airtight container and store it in a cool, dry place.