How to Make Tea with Mint
For a refreshing and flavorful cup of tea, nothing beats a homemade brew of tea with mint. Making tea with mint is relatively simple and can be done in a few easy steps.
- 1 tsp of loose-leaf tea, such as Assam, Green or Earl Grey
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 240ml of freshly boiled water
- Honey or sugar, optional
- Place the tea and the fresh mint leaves in a mug or cup.
- Pour the freshly boiled water into the mug or cup. Be careful not to scald the mint leaves.
- Allow the tea to steep for 4 minutes.
- Using a strainer, pour the tea into another mug or cup. This removes the mint leaves, so you don’t have to drink them.
- Add honey or sugar if desired.
- Enjoy your tea with mint!
Making tea with mint is a cost-effective and delicious way to making tea without the artificial ingredients found in many store-bought teas. You can experiment with different types of tea leaves and flavors to make a custom brew. Enjoy!