How to Make Thyme Tea for Cough
If you are looking for a natural remedy for a persistent cough, you may want to try homemade thyme tea. Thyme is an herb that has long been used in medicinal preparations, and it has properties that make it ideal for alleviating coughing. Here is how to make thyme tea for cough relief:
Ingredients and Equipment
- A handful of fresh thyme, or 1-2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Tea strainer
- Honey (optional)
- Put the thyme leaves in a tea strainer and add them to a cup of boiling water.
- Allow the thyme tea to steep for around 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tea strainer and discard the leaves.
- Enjoy your thyme tea for cough relief.
- If desired, you may sweeten the tea with honey.
Thyme tea is a safe, natural way to soothe a persistent cough and provide relief from symptoms. While some scientific studies suggest that it may be effective, more research is needed to confirm these results. If you are considering using this home remedy, speak to your doctor first to make sure it is suitable for your individual circumstances.