How to Make Unsweetened Iced Tea
Nothing beats an ice-cold glass of iced tea in summertime. People across the globe enjoy this classic refreshment; some prefer classic black tea, while others might prefer citrusy green tea or blended tea with a variety of herbs. Whatever your favorite iced tea is, here are a few simple steps to make your own cup of unsweetened iced tea.
- Loose tea: If you are adding herbs or tea leaves, use 1 tsp of tea leaves per cup. Otherwise, you can opt for 3 tea bags per quart (1 liter) of water.
- Boiling water: Enough to steep the tea
- Boil the water in a pot or kettle over medium to high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and add the tea leaves or tea bags.
- Let it steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher, allowing it to cool down.
- Pour the tea into a glass over ice and enjoy.
When making unsweetened iced tea, it’s important to use high-quality tea. Good tea will have a well-balanced flavor with smooth body and subtle undertones. Avoid using overly floral or citrusy tea, as the flavor can become too intense when made into iced tea. Enjoy your unsweetened iced tea and don’t forget to experiment with different flavors and herbs. Have fun with it!