Making Weed Tea
Weed tea is a popular herbal beverage made from the leaves and flowers (buds) of the cannabis plant. The tea is said to have a calming and soothing effect and has been used for centuries as an herbal remedy to treat ailments such as insomnia and stress. Here’s how to make your own weed tea.
- Cannabis decarboxylated leaves and buds – around 1–3 grams depending on the effect desired.
- Water – Use cold or warm but not boiling. Avoid distilled water since this can affect the taste.
- Optional Sweetener such as honey, sugar, or stevia.
- Optional additional herbs such as mint, lemon balm, licorice, etc.
- Finely grind the cannabis until it is a fine powder.
- Pour the ground cannabis into a mug or teapot.
- Add cold or warm water and stir, making sure to mix the cannabis in well.
- Steep for around 15 minutes.
- If desired, add a sweetener and/or additional herbs.
- Strain the tea, discarding the cannabis grounds.
- Enjoy your weed tea!
Weed tea can be enjoyed hot or cold, and can be made as strong or as mild as desired. You can experiment with different combinations of cannabis and herbs to find the flavor that you like best. Be sure to start out with a low dose of cannabis and increase it gradually to determine your preferred strength. Enjoy!