How to Make Winter Melon Tea
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups winter melon, cut into cubes
- 1 Tablespoon green tea leaves, optional
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, optional
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the winter melon cubes to the pot and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add green tea leaves, if desired, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer. Discard winter melon pieces.
- For an extra sweet taste, stir in 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Serve warm or chilled and enjoy!
Winter melon tea is a warm, comforting beverage perfect for cold winter days. It’s made by simmering chunks of winter melon in boiled water until the melon is tender and then straining away the solids. Enjoy this tea either warm or chilled for a soothing and flavorful treat!