Instructions to Make Yaupon Tea
Yaupon Tea is a healthy and tasty tea made from the leaves of a tree native to the southeastern United States. The tea is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and is an excellent alternative to tea made from other plants. Here is an easy guide to make your own Yaupon Tea at home.
What You’ll Need:
- Fresh Yaupon leaves
- Mortar and pestle or coffee grinder
- Tea Kettle or pot
- Pick the Yaupon leaves from the tree, taking care to not break or damage the leaves.
- Gently wash the leaves with cool water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Roughly grind the leaves with the mortar and pestle or coffee grinder.
- Place the ground leaves in a tea kettle or pot and pour in enough water to cover the leaves.
- Bring the water with the leaves to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the tea to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a cup or mug.
- Enjoy your freshly made Yaupon Tea!
Making your own Yaupon Tea at home is a simple and enjoyable process. In a few easy steps you can reap the many benefits of this incredible tea. Enjoy your cup of Yaupon Tea!