How To Make Yerba Mate Tea
Yerba mate tea is an energizing herbal tea that is popular in South America and becoming increasingly popular elsewhere too. Making yerba mate tea can seem daunting, but it is actually very simple and requires minimal equipment. Here is a simple guide to get you started with making yerba mate tea.
In order to make yerba mate tea, you will need:
- Yerba mate tea
- A mate gourd (can also be a ceramic cup or bowl, or a thermos)
- A bombilla (can also be a regular small spoon)
- Fill your mate gourd with 1 or 2 teaspoons of yerba mate tea.
- Add hot (but not boiling) water to the gourd, leaving some room at the top.
- Stir the yerba mate with a bombilla or spoon, being careful not to add too much pressure.
- Sip the tea with the bombilla or spoon, making sure not to gulp it down too quickly.
- Enjoy your delicious and energizing yerba mate tea!
If the taste is too bitter, you can add some sugar or honey to sweeten it. Over time, you may develop a preference for different brewing times and ratios of water. Experiment with different combinations to find what suits you best.
Yerba mate tea is a delicious and energizing beverage that has many health benefits. Now that you know how to make it, get ready to enjoy your homemade yerba mate tea!