How To Prepare Chai Tea
Chai tea is a traditional Indian tea that has gained popularity across the world. With its flavorful combination of spices and black tea, it can be a comforting and tasty drink to make. Here is a guide on how to prepare chai tea.
- Black tea leaves (like Assam or Darjeeling)
- Milk of your choice
- Sugar, honey or other sweetener to taste
- Ginger (fresh, grated or ground)
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cardamom
- Ground cloves
- Ground black peppercorns (optional)
- Boil water in a pot on the stove. Add the tea leaves to the boiling water and allow it to steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves to remove any pieces and set aside.
- In a separate pot, add the milk and the spices. Bring to a simmer and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the spices and add the steeped tea. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the sweetener of your choice and stir until dissolved.
- Enjoy your hot chai tea!
That’s it, you now know how to make a perfectly delicious cup of chai tea! Enjoy your tea with a cozy blanket or with a friend and take a moment to relax.