How to Prepare Corn Silk Tea
Corn silk tea has a wide range of health benefits, including promoting heart health, aiding in digestion, and relieving urinary tract infections. The tea is made using the silky strands found on a corn cob, many of which can be overlooked if you’re only focused on removing its kernels. Here’s how to prepare corn silk tea:
1. Gather the Ingredients
- 1-2 tablespoons of corn silk
- 1-2 cups of water
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon of ginger, honey, or lemon
2. Prepare the Corn Silk
- Double check your corn silk for small debris or dirt.
- Wash the silk strands with running water to remove any remaining debris.
- Gently pat the strands dry with a paper towel.
3. Simmer the Corn Silk
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a low boil.
- Carefully add the corn silk.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Optional: add ginger, honey, or lemon to the tea at this point.
4. Strain the Tea
- Strain the tea with a fine mesh sieve into a mug.
- Discard the corn silk and enjoy your tea.
Corn silk tea is a delicious, refreshing beverage that can be enjoyed any time of day. With a few easy steps, it can be easily prepared and provides many health benefits.