How to Prepare Ginger Root Tea
Ginger root tea is a flavorful and healthy alternative to traditional tea. Not only is it high in antioxidants, but it can also help reduce the symptoms of nausea, colds, and headaches. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to get the benefits of ginger root tea, here’s what you need to do.
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger root
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Honey to taste (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice to taste (optional)
- Place the grated ginger root in a teapot or cup.
- Pour the boiling water over the ginger root and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a mug.
- Add honey and/or lemon juice to taste.
For even more flavor, you can also add fresh herbs like mint or basil. And for an added nutritional benefit, you can add a dash of turmeric.
Note: It is important to remember to not over-steep the ginger root tea. Doing so can make it taste more bitter. So be sure to be mindful of the time the tea is steeping.