Steps for Preparing Matcha Tea for Weight Loss
Matcha, which is essentially green tea in a powdered form, is a rich source of antioxidants and believed to have multiple health benefits, including weight loss. Consequently, it’s a popular ingredient in many diet teas and drinks. Here are the steps for making a delicious, weight-loss-promoting matcha tea.
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1 cup of hot water (just under boiling)
- Heat the water in a pan or kettle just below boiling point.
- Rinse and wipe clean a matcha bowl with a hot, damp cloth.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of matcha powder into the bowl and use a whisk to beat it into a thick paste with a few drops of water.
- Add the hot water, and whisk until frothy.
- Serve the matcha tea while hot.
Drinking matcha green tea helps in weight loss as it is a natural appetite suppressant and helps increase your metabolism. Matcha green tea also lowers cholesterol levels, prevents obesity, and strengthens the immune system. Furthermore, the caffeine and l-theanine in matcha tea can help with mental clarity, energy, and focus.